So we are leaving tomorrow morning Tuesday 15 May at 1.00am for Camp 2 then the summit push. I can see everyone with fear on their face. I can’t tell whether is for the icefall or going to an extreme high altitude.

We will rest at Camp II for a day before we move on to Camp 3. Early in the morning we will move to Camp IV). I decided not to use oxygen on the journey from Camp 2 to Camp 3. I believe I will be perform better with less oxygen in the future if I don’t use it at early stages.

We will all be resting on oxygen at Camp 3 and 4 and then we will walk with oxygen from Camp 3 to 4. At Camp 4 we will be more resting than sleeping since we will stay there for just a few hours.

We are expect to walk for at least nine hours to cover the 900 metres from Camp 4 (7,950 meters) to the Summit on Saturday 19 May. It will then take 5 hours to back to Camp 4 for an overnight stay before we go down to Camp 2. I will be back into communication at Base camp on 22 May 2012.

Please pray for us!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s